Program Coordinator: Robin Bellamy
For program information please call: 816.604.4175
Applications will be accepted January 11th through January 25th during normal business hours for a fall start date (August), and August 1st through August 15th during normal business hours for a spring start date (January). The application period ends at 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. If the an application period ends on a Friday, applications must be submitted by 3:00 p.m.
Office Hours: Monday thru Thursday 8am to 4pm and Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Associate in Applied Science, Nursing (71-77 credit hours)
Related Degree Program:
- Associate in Applied Science: LPN to ADN Bridge
- Certificate: Practical Nursing
America needs Registered Nurses. It is one of the top 10 professions in the country. RNs have a wide range of duties:
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms
- Help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results
- Consult with physicians
- Start IV lines
- Operate medical equipment
- Administer treatments and medications
- Help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation
- Teach patients and their families how to manage illness or injury
- Explain post-treatment home care needs
- Recommend diet, nutrition and exercise programs
- Show how to self-administer medication and physical therapy
- Educate the public on warning signs and symptoms of disease
- Provide general health screening or immunization clinics, blood drives and public seminars
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and family members
RNs provide direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing aids.
Our two-year program gives you hands-on experience and excellent instruction in our state-of-the-art Health Science Institute. Our program gives you an associate's degree and prepares you to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.